Monday 27 January 2014

Review: Lakme Eyeshadow Quads


When I say the words "Indian Drugstore eyeshadow palette" what is the first picture that comes to your mind? Did I hear Maybelline Diamond Glow Quad and specifically Copper Brown? While the copper brown is a single hit amongst those quads here is a whole line of Lakme quads that have pleasantly surprised me. For those of you who have been following me, you know there are not too many times I make it to the Lakme counter so this is a double dhamaka for me when I actually reach out to a brand I expect the least from and it offers me the most:)

Product:  Lakme eyeshadow quads in Desert Rose, Moondust and Peacock

Price: Rs. 450

Lakme Quads: (L-R) Moondust, Desert Rose, Peacock


Lakme Quad: Desert Rose



Swatches of eyeshadows from the Lakme Desert Rose Quad











Desert Rose: By far one of my most used palettes at Indian weddings for the simple reason that it has the gold, the gold orange and the golden pinks. The eyeshadows are all well pigmented and each of them having golden sheens to them just adds to making them pop on the eyelids beautifully. This palette can also be used to create a casual everyday look. In my upcoming Valentines day tutorial on my Youtube channel I have even cheated by using the two pinks together as a highlighting blush.

                   

Lakme Quad: Peacock

                 

Swatches of Eyeshadows from the Lakme Quad Peacock

Peacock: A quad that is extremely difficult to find currently at any of the Lakme counters. So desperate was I that I had put my friends on the hunt too and trust me it was worth it ;-) The colors are stunning and again colors we Indians tend to use a lot of these colors for weddings.
 

Lakme Quad: Moondust

                     

Swatches of Eyeshadows from the Lakme Quad Moondust

Moondust: For the smokey eye girl. Again one difficult to find. The oldest of the Lakme quads that I own and also the rarest; maybe the reason being that while being in a rush Hubby by mistake dropped the palette and the eyeshadows had all cracked and broken :( He bought me a similar Smashbox trio out of guilt...awww! Now you know how little my husband knows about makeup and the difference in Drugstore and Highend ;-P

Verdict: Buy it if you spot it. Finding these are extremely difficult. I am not sure if they are discontinued as yet but looking at their availability it seems so. Just don't understand why brands discontinue their best items.

P.S. I have written this blogpost about these difficult to find products so that you can grab them wherever you see them and maybe an extra one for your BFF too ;-)










No comments:

Post a Comment