Wednesday 23 January 2019

How To Get Ridiculously Well Organised


You have started 2020 and have your goals for the year in mind, now what? You definitely can't let another year go by just hoping the goals in your head become a reality. So here I am, sharing a few important pointers that got me started and helped 2019 be the most productive. Trust me its only getting better!

1. Brain Dump: You need a can-do list. Get a little notebook with sections eg. Health, Wealth, Travel, Passive Income, Skills to learn. This is the place where you just scribble ideas and revisit them at the end of the week to convert them into plans which finally make it to the planner which is your final to-do list. It's 2020 so don't blame you if you are a digital geek and just prefer separate notes on the phone for each topic, however do hand write your final to do list in your planner. There is a science behind hand writing your goals.

2. Plan to do the most important thing first thing in the morning and get it out of your way: Be it your workout or a call you have not been looking forward to. Think about how you will feel once it is done and push yourself to get it done asap. I must admit and I say this from practice. The first few times I had to push myself to do this, but once I felt the sense of relief after the job was done a couple of times, I wanted to do just get the most nagging thing crossed on my to-do list first thing in the day.

3. Utilise your travel time: If you are the one complaining about wanting to change the job just because of the travel time, learn to just turn things around. Don't have time to catch up on your favourite shows or longing to read that book you express shipped 2 years ago? Well, time to use the download option on Netflix while you are at home or throw that book into your bag, because you are going to use all the me-time you have on the ride back home from now on.

4. Start now and be consistent: If there was one thing I would tell my 16-year-old self, this is it and for many reasons. Be it to start the day early, start working on an idea immediately, etc. Don't wait to perfect everything, if every innovator waited for things to be launched with the perfect vision, we would not have evolved in the first place. I will get personal here, when I posted my first Youtube video, I just knew I had to start but had I been consistent and not wanted to wait for some more time to get the perfect equipments, things would have possibly been very different. So here is my personal goal for 2020 to just get started and remain consistent!

5. Time Batching: Ever watched Youtuber Amy Landino's videos, the woman just has the knack of making you realise the most common sense stuff. Will give her credit for sharing this one. Do similar tasks at one time. for eg., all the laptop work gets done one after the other in the same time slot, all maintenance work again at the same time. Imagine removing the tools to fix something, packing it all up and then realising midday that you need the toolbox again to fix something else. Wanna bet you not going to get around doing it for the second time on the same day?
Two very important tips here:
i) Take a minute to put a method to the madness For eg. plan to clean cobwebs first and then vacuum the carpets for obvious reasons. This is what I mean by realising the most basic stuff that sometimes gets ignored.
ii) Use a timer. Allow yourself a fixed amount of time to get the job done instead of just sitting on it for as much time as you have which can sometimes take a half hour job into 3 hours. Eg. me packing for a trip, if I dont time myself I can be sitting with my suitcase talking to a friend, fixing stuff, updating Instagram stories, etc.

Now a quick few tips to make being productive a little more fun:

6. Reward yourself: Learn to bribe yourself to finish a boring job you have not been excited to get your hands dirty with. It can be as simple as an ice cream or like me buying myself that one make up item on my wishlist when I finish filing all my paperwork of the last 3 years. Finally, getting the job done felt like the bigger reward and not the makeup item.

7. Live with less: Donate or discard so that you are left will just the right amount of stuff you can keep organised. Time to tap the Kon Marie in each of us.

8. Keep the phone away: Limit your social media time...the time lost can never be replaced.

As I end the post just reiterating...Start Now and Remain Consistent!!!

Love,
Diptidiva

No comments:

Post a Comment